Friday, March 27, 2009

A sweat birdy appliqued t-shirt!

Hi everyone, I had bought an aqua colored t-shirt for my daughter. I decided to do an applique on it this afternoon. I had printed off a free coloring page from the Tricia-Rennea Art Blog for my daughter on valentines day. I just happen to find it today amongst some papers I was cleaning up. I looked at it and thought the picture would make a nice applique on a t-shirt for my daughter. So I traced the picture on fusible web and then got my pieces of fabric cut out and ironed onto the t-shirt. Then, I did a blanket stitch by hand around all the pieces and VOILA!!! I have a great looking t-shirt for my girl. I also spent some time outside today. It's beautiful outside here today. It was nice and sunny. I decided to do some raking of leaves in my back yard. It was nice to get some spring fresh air. The snow is all gone here now. We usually still have snow on the ground at this time of year. I'm not complaining. It's nice to have some nice weather where you can wear a sweater and be comfortable outside. No more bulky winter coats. It's so nice. I hope everyone has a great day.

Happy Stitching!!

Ariane :o)

1 comment:

Simone said...

that's an amazing idea! I'm going to go to the store and get some fusible web this week to do the same! I got some fabric to try and make skirts for the girls and was wondering how I could coordinate t-shirts to go with them - you just answered my question!