Thursday, November 30, 2017

Wow! November flew by!,

Hi everyone, 

I’ve been away from the blog this month because I’ve been super busy.
But, I did sneak some sewing in here and there. 

I cleaned my sewing room, and as I was sorting my Scrap bins into colours I came across a bunch of little bags of hst’s, charm pack remnants and such. So instead of moving them to a new location without using them I decided to do something with them. 

I first took a bag of HST’s that needed trimming. I trimmed them to the largest usable size which was 1 1/2 inches. I decided to make some scrappy friendship star blocks. These are 3 1/2 inches.

Then I had some bright HST’s with a white background fabric. So I decided to try making a block with them. These HST’s were also trimmed to 1 1/2 inches. This block is 9 1/2 inches. Cute eh!!


Then I took the left overs from the charm pack and made a placemat. 

And with the itty bitty scraps left over from the placemat, I made a mug rug.

Then, I spent some time making more blocks for the 365 Challenge quilt. 
This is where I’m at so far.


I love having a design wall. 

Then, I had to make a black and white block for the modern quilt group.
This block is 16 1/2 inches.


Then, a friend asked me to make a crib set for her as she is going to have her first grandchild.
She wanted me to use fabric from a Hawthorne Threads. So I ordered it for her and made her a quilt, bumper pads and a fitted sheet.

The deer fabric is exclusive Hawthorne Threads fabric from the Fawn collection.


This quilt didn’t take long as I used a panel.

I used a super soft flannel on the back.

It was the first time I ever made bumper pads and a fitted sheet.


So, as you can see, I’ve done quite a bit of sewing.
Plus I had two sewing sessions at my house where I taught a brand new beginner quilter make her first project. I’ve really enjoyed doing that. 

I hope to do a bit of Christmas sewing now that we are going into December.
Time is running out. I better get on it. Lol!!


Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Works in progress

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. 
Happy Halloween!
I’m handing out candy this evening to all the wonderful trick or treaters. 

The last few days I’ve sewn some blocks to make a table runner using the November blocks from my guild BOM. 
I have the top completed, and still need to quilt it. 

Here’s another picture.
I have it on my new design wall, which I purchased from Connecting Threads. 
It was on sale, plus I got free shipping. Love that!
You can see my table runner blocks in progress on my design wall. 
This is a collapsible design wall by Cheryl Ann.

I’ve also completed some of the pink blocks the the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2017.
I made 9 plus blocks. 

Plus, 4 pink Arkansas crossroads blocks. 

I hope you like my projects.



Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A small finished table topper and some blocks

Hi everyone, 

I’ve had such a busy month. 
I helped my parents pack their things to move back to their home town. 
They we living in a house that we owned. 
When they decided to move, we stepped into action to put it up for sale. 
Carrying two houses wasn’t for us and we didn’t want to continue renting it. 
It was a lot of work to prep it for sale. 
But it sold very quickly. It was a relief. 
I hardly had any time to sew this month.

I had planned to make a table runner out of the blocks that I used for the my quilt guilds BOM. 
I had it all designed, but I was too tired to make all the blocks it required.
So, I made a mini version. A small 20 inch square table topper.
I really like how it turned out. 
I may still make the full table runner, but this one will do for now.

I also worked on trying to catch up on my Arkansas crossroads blocks that I’m making for the Rainbow Scrap challenge 2017. I just finished my blue blocks. 
I have to make the orange, pink, and cream/white coloured blocks still to be caught up. 
Here are the blocks I’ve made so far.
I’m really loving these blocks together. 
I hope you like my blocks.




Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A finished table runner, a finished quilt top and progress on Leo's Mane

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. 
It's been a crazy week for me. But, I did manage to do some sewing.

Yesterday, I finished my red and black table runner that I made using the first two blocks of my Sampler BOM quilt. It turned out really nice. It's a keeper.



I free motion quilted it on my Janome 1600p-db.
This was all from fabrics in my stash, including the backing.

On the weekend, I also finished my Idaho square dance flimsy. 
I really love how this quilt top turned out. 
It's all done from fabrics from my stash also. I busted a lot of tiny scraps with this one. 


I need to find backing fabric for it still and buy some batting to finish it. 

I also continue to work on my Leo's Mane quilt. 
I almost have part two completed. 


This is my current hand piecing project. This one is English paper pieced and I bought the papers from 
Eagles' Wings quilts. This quilt is Cathy's original design. 

I hope you like my projects!!