Saturday, March 19, 2016

I made two Jalie dolman tops!

I'm in love with this pattern. The pattern is Jalie #3352 Dolman tops. The first one I made is from an inexpensive stripped knit I bought at Fabricland.
I love how it turned out. It's a very thin knit and drapes really well. It's so comfortable. I found it easy to sew. I didn't use the neck binding piece, as it was optional. 

The second one I made, I used Art Gallery knit fabric that I bought from 
Intrepid Threads last year. This knit fabric is much thicker. But it still went together really well and feels amazing on. 

I love both of these tops. It took me less than an hour to make the second one. It's definitely my style and I will probably make a few more. 

Monday, March 14, 2016

Three small finished projects

This week I finished two mini quilts. Both of these mini quilts were UFO's. The first quilt is a tulip quilt that I started in April 2011. It just needed to be quilted and bound. Here it is.
I struggled with the quilting a bit because my machine was acting up. But I got it done and I'm happy about that.

The next little quilt is really a placemat. I made a pink one last February as part of the RSC15. I had made the quilt top but never shared it on my blog after that. Here is my finished blue placemat.
I love how this placemat turned out. I again had difficulty quilting it because my sewing machine is acting up. It keeps skipping stitches and breaking threads. I think I might have to bring it in for servicing.

My Mom moved to town last summer and I've helped her make a few small sewing projects. One of these projects is this table runner. The pattern came from the magazine Primitive Quilts and Projects Winter 2015. She did all the wool applique and embroidery and I quilted and bound it for her.
Surprisingly, my sewing machine didn't have any difficulty quilting this projects. I didn't have any skipped stitches or thread breakage. I was glad since this one doesn't belong to me. My mom was not sure she really liked this one before I quilted it because the original pattern was made on a dark brown background. I provided all the material and wool for this project for her. When I picked out the background fabric, I didn't have the pattern with me and forgot what the background was like. But once it was all quilted and bound she loved it.  I'm so glad. Now she is excited to make another small wool applique project. 

Well, I'm still working on a bunch of project at once. I  get bored sometimes with one project and need to work on something else to keep my mojo going. I hope you like the projects I shared today.



Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I made a Sutton Blouse by True Bias

I've been wanted to make myself clothing for a while. I've tried a few garments before. But I still consider myself a newbie at sewing clothing. I purchased the PDF pattern for the Sutton Blouse last year. I figured it was something I could tackle. Well, I finally decided to make it today. It took me about three hours to trace my pattern, cut it out and sew it. Now that I've made it once, it would probably take a lot less time.

I made the size 18. I didn't make any changes because I thought that it would fit as prescribed. It did. I used a cotton lawn by Cotton and Steel that I bought last year. It's a loose fitting top. It's very comfortable. I'm not used to wearing loose clothing anymore. I lost 85 lbs this past 6 months as I had a gastric bypass. I've been wearing more fitted clothing since then. But I still like it. I'm sure I will make it again. I hope you like it!!



Thursday, March 3, 2016

My hexagon star quilt progress....

I've been working at finishing my hexagon star quilt the last few days. I'm very close to having the Center part done so that I can put the border on. I'm getting excited to be close to a finished top. This ones been in the works for over 9 years. 
I hope you like it!!