Saturday, March 19, 2016

I made two Jalie dolman tops!

I'm in love with this pattern. The pattern is Jalie #3352 Dolman tops. The first one I made is from an inexpensive stripped knit I bought at Fabricland.
I love how it turned out. It's a very thin knit and drapes really well. It's so comfortable. I found it easy to sew. I didn't use the neck binding piece, as it was optional. 

The second one I made, I used Art Gallery knit fabric that I bought from 
Intrepid Threads last year. This knit fabric is much thicker. But it still went together really well and feels amazing on. 

I love both of these tops. It took me less than an hour to make the second one. It's definitely my style and I will probably make a few more. 

6 comments:

Ellen said...

You did a great job!

Unknown said...

These tops fit you really well Ariane! You're making yourself a whole new wardrobe eh?

Leanne Parsons said...

Great job on both of them! I've been doing some reading on sewing with knits, and I've started a Craftsy class, but I haven't actually tried it yet. Soon...

Nancy said...

Ohh, your tops are wonderful. They look so comfortable. Perfect for summer. Great job!
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Very pretty tops!

Kristin at SunnySewing.com said...

I love these! I've been meaning to make myself some :)