Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I made my first piece of clothing!!!

Hi everyone, I decided to try my hand at making a piece of clothing. I decided to make something for my daughter. I purchased an easy pattern to make a peasant style blouse. It's Burda pattern 9573. It turned out pretty good considering it was my first one. I made it a bit big. So I had to add tie backs to sinch it at the waist a bit. But it looks cute. I bought some fabric that was on sale for $4.00/metre at Fabricland. I didn't want to spend too much in case it didn't turn out. But she likes it. I like it too. It's cute with jeans.
I'm going to try to make a skirt too. I bought a different fabric for that. It's a more difficult pattern, so I don't know how it will turn out. But I'll try my best. I hope everyone is well. Have a great day.

Ariane

1 comment:

isewforfun said...

Hi Ariane
I'm sew happy to see you try garment sewing-you did a great job on your daughters top- it's really cute. I think I may have mentioned to you and your sister that my first love was garment sewing, and quilting etc etc evolved from there. So as you can tell I'm trying out this blogging, I'm still confused about how exactly it works-but I see that it could become addicting.
Take care Shelly, Wilton Creek Fabrics