Friday, February 27, 2009

Looking for pizza and cellphone fabric

Hi everyone, I have a new friend Shelly from the Wilton Creek Fabric shop who asked me to see if I could locate a fat quarter of cellphone fabric and pizza fabric. She is making a quilt and needs a fat quarter of each of these fabrics. She would be willing to swap a fat quarter with the person who has a fat quarter of either of these fabrics. She knows that they are out there, but they are not being produced anymore. If you know someone who may have some of these fabrics, send me an email and I'll put you in contact with Shelly. If anyone can help, that would be great!!!

On another note, I started a new hand pieced quilt the other day. I love to do hand stitching, so I found a quilt pattern perfect for that. It's called the Hexagon Star. I got the pattern out of the Big Book of Best-Loved Quilt Patterns. It's a scrappy quilt. So it's suit me great. Here are some pictures of the pattern.











I have to make 255 stars for this pattern. I have 19 made. I've got a long way to go. I still have to buy the white material for the pieces between the stars. But for now, I'm just using what I have and making as many stars as I can. The great thing is that I participated in the Itching2Bstitching scrap mini swap and received some wonderful material from my partner Jodie. I was able to make 2 stars out of each of the pieces of material she sent me. The stars are very small. I really love this pattern. It's going to be a wonderful quilt. Here are some of the stars I've made. These are all using the material Jodie sent me.
This is going to be a WISP (Work in slow progress), but that's okay. I needed something portable and small to piece by hand. So this is perfect. Since I've already made a the Tumbling Block quilt by hand, I know that I can handle this project. It's essentially the same thing. All the pieces are diamonds. It's the colour placement that is different. The size of the diamond is smaller for this pattern, but that's okay. It make it easier to use up my scraps. Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I have to work evening shift tonight. Oh well!
Happy Stitching!
Ariane :o)

1 comment:

Kiera-Oona said...

i will keep my eye open for cellphone or pizza fabric. I cant say Ive seen any. The funky/weird/cool category i found some yellow fabric with balls of yarn on them at fabricland at yonge and bloor for 4$/meter

I like the stars quilt idea you are going to be doing. Certianly looks like its going to be colorful :-)

I want to try the hexogonal style soon, but Im more of a machine quilter....doing it by hand i think will take a really long time. Im up to the challange tho.

I wasnt sure if you knew about the bushfire quilt project, but just wanted to let you know. I posted details up on my blog, and all the links associated with it.

http://knittyknittykitty.blogspot.com/