Friday, February 13, 2009

9 Patch Mini Tote Bag


I made a mini tote bag for my "We the People Scrap Mini Swap". I used it as a gift bag to put all my fabric scraps, chocolates and the card for my swap partner. I couldn't show it before, because she had not received it. But now she has, so I can show you my nice little tote bag. I just made 2 nine patch blocks. One with a blue color scheme and the other red. I put the dark colors on the bottom and worked my way up to the light colors. I even coordinated the handles. I did stippling all over the blocks to add texture and interest. I think it is really nice. I can now add it to my list of completed items for the "One Project a Month Challenge". This is my third item done for February. Another thing is that I'm almost done hand quilting my Tumbling Block quilt for my daughter. I'm very excited to almost be done. Well, today was a very good day for me. It was nice to have a break from work and also accomplish a lot of the things I wanted to do for myself. I hope everyone has a great day!
Happy Stitching!
Ariane :o)

No comments: