Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Blocks!!

Hi! I've been working on a bunch of different projects lately. The first is the blocks I'm making for my block swap with my Mom and my sisters. I've got 8 out of 30 blocks done. Here is a picture of 4 of them.I have also been working on making some blocks for a baby quilt. I've only made a couple of those. They are just simple blocks, but I think it will be nice.
And I finally took the plunge and decided to try my hand at applique. I'm using the freezer paper method. I had to go to many different grocery stores before I finally found the freezer paper. But it's really easy to use. The pattern I'm using is from the FatCat patterns website. These patterns are free for personal use. I didn't chose the simplest pattern. But I really like it. I might use it to make a pillow or a mini quilt. The pieces in the picture are not all sewn down. I just layed them in place. I still need to get the beak and the eye done. I think it will look nice.
I hope everyone is well. I didn't have the best day today. But I'm trying to be positive. Things could always be worse. I've got it pretty good. So, I'm not going to complain. Quilting always helps me to get back to that happy place and I'm so glad I found something that I love that I get work on when I'm feeling down. So, I wish all of you a wonderful day and night. I have all those families that are suffering in Australia in my prayers.
Ariane :o)

No comments: