Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mini Pizza's


I haven't posted anything in a few days. I've had a pretty rough week. Didn't feel very well, so I didn't do much sewing. But today I was feeling a bit better. I decided to do some baking. I made some chocolate chip cookies and some mini pizza's. I made 8 batches of 15 mini pizza's. I make mini pizza's to put in the kids lunches for school. I put 5 mini pizza's in each of the three kids lunches. They don't like sandwiches...so I had to come up with something I knew they would like and that wouldn't cost too much or be too complicated. The mini pizza's do take a lot of time to make. They are not that difficult, just time consuming. I make them from scratch.


I use the Robin Hood basic white bread dough recipe for the dough. It gives a nice thick crust. I follow the instructions exactly, except I only let it rise the second time for 10 minutes. So, once the dough has risen for 50 minutes, I punch the dough down and let it stand for 10 minutes. Then, I start rolling the dough in small batches and use a round cutter (I use a large glass) to cut the dough. Then I put some tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. I put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 F. Let them cool and that's it. I then put them in Ziploc freezer bags in batches of 15, (because that's how many I need), then I freeze them.


In the morning before school, I just take the mini pizza's out of the freezer and put them on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 10 min. Let cool. Put them in sandwich bags and in the lunches. Sometimes I don't even bake them in the morning. I just put them in the lunches frozen. By the time it's lunch time, they are all thawed and the kids eat them like that. They are already fully cooked. The kids love these. I've made them for many different kids, picky eaters, and I have never found a child that didn't like these. I think it's because they are small. It only takes a few bites to eat each one and they can use their hands to eat. They make a good snack in the evening if you are having a bunch of kids over too.
Well, I hope everyone is well and wish you all a great week to come.
Happy Stitching!
Ariane

No comments: