Sunday, November 6, 2016

Round 3 of my scrappy medallion quilt

Hi everyone, 

I'm still working on my scrappy medallion quilt.  I decided to make a simple block for this round. The whirleygig block was made using scraps from my 1.5 inch strips. 
I'm loving how it's coming together.  

So how did I make these blocks? 
First, I pulled scraps from my 1.5 inch strips in the following colours. 
Black, brown, green, blue, yellow, orange, red, purple, and grey. 
I knew I would need more than one of each colour. So I looked for different shades of some of the colours in order to have enough to go around.  
See how I pulled from my 1.5 inch strips a rainbow of colours. 
I made sure these strips were at least 11 inches long. 
I then paired them up with a 1.5 inch strip of background fabric. Then I sewed these pairs together. 

Next I straightened the edge.
I then cut my strips into 2.5 squares.  I cut 4 of these 2.5 inch squares from each paired up fabrics. 
I placed these squares in position to sew. .
I sewed these together. 

Until your block is all done. It should measure 4.5 inches at this point.
You need 32 blocks for this round. 
I made 4 black, 2 brown, 2 dark green, 2 light green, 2 dark blue, 2 medium blue, 2 yellow, 2 orange, 2 pink, 4 red, 2 raspberry, 4 purple, 2 grey 

I hope you like my progress.


Linking with 

9 comments:

paulette said...

Brilliant! Your top is taking form...I'm loving it!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your medallion quilt is beautiful! I love how it has a Fall vibe, without restricting the color palette to the traditional browns, reds and oranges. Very pretty.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is looking wonderful! I love all the bright rainbow colours.

Kate said...

Love your rainbow scrappy project Very pretty, love the brilliant colors.

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

I really like how the warm colors flow through the center of the quilt. It really draws the eye in. It's a lovely scrap quilt, and I look forward to seeing where you go with it! Thanks for sharing on MCM!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love your progress! I think the whirly blocks were a perfect choice for this third round. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! I look forward to seeing more.

PaulaB quilts said...

A really unique rainbow effect from such different rounds. It all comes together so beautifully. I know the completed quilt will be stunning.

a good yarn said...

I am so loving this project! My Kate Spade fabrics would look good in this. Hmmmm.... you got me thinking

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Arianne, your scrappy medallion quilt is stunning. Wow!