Monday, November 7, 2016

My long list of wips.....

Hi everyone, 

I have so, so many projects on the go right now. I thought I would list them here as a gauge to how I'm doing. 

1- Buttermilk Basin Mystery BOM 2016
I still need to make the last two blocks. 

2- A Blackbird Gathering BOM by Cheri Payne
I am on track with this one. I'm just waiting for the finishing instructions. 

3- Scrappy Medallion Quilt
I've completed round #3. I'm getting my fabric ready for round #4. I do have a sewing day with my guild for this project. But it's moving along well. Love this project. 

4. Idaho Square Dance quilt by Bonnie K. Hunter 
I've been working on blocks for this quilt as leaders and enders. I've made 14 of the Idaho square dance blocks. I don't have a deadline for this.

5. Family Cottage Quilt
This is a project that need to be done for Christmas. The blocks are embroidered blocks that my Mom made years ago. She never did anything with the blocks. She gave them to me a few years back and I decided to finish it for her and give it to her for Christmas this year. I started to assemble it today. No pictures yet. 

6. The last few months, I've picked one UFO to work on. This month I will try to work on my Sisters Quilt. This quilt was being finished quilt-as-you-go. I think there's 2 panels done. I probably won't finish it this month, but I'm hoping to have it done by the end of December. 
 

So, that's my list for now. 
I may make a few little projects along the way. But I'm trying to stick to just these and get them done. 
Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself and have so many things on the go. But, when I think about it, I work better when I have more than one thing on the go. I get bored with one project, and in order to keep my mojo, I need to have something else to do. So it's worth having more than one project on the go.  
Are you like that?
Do you need more than one project to stay motivated?

 
 

 
 

15 comments:

WoolenSails said...

You have got a lot done and they are all beautifully done. I still have to catch up on the last buttermilk block and cheri's last block and I still need to make the log blocks.

Debbie

Michelle said...

Wow, you're productive! It looks like you're having an absolute blast with your projects.

Kaja said...

What a great collection of WIPs. I always seem to have a couple of things on the go, but if I let too many stack up it sort of fries my mind and I have make a conscious effort to cut back.

Summer said...

Looking all lovely ♥

Paula Louceiro said...

I am exactly the same way. I can't resist a new project, so the list of wips is always growing and sometimes some of them become UFO's.
You are doing a great job on your projects.
Have a nice day

paulette said...

Beautiful projects...ALL of them!! You will get them done because you have a plan!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great progress on all of your projects. I like to have a variety of things on the go so that I can pick the project to match my mood or time available. Love "let it sno". Lol! The medallion is wonderful! Can't wait to see what will be added next!

a good yarn said...

Lovely projects Ariane (Scrappy Medallion is fabulous!). I tend to work only on one project at a time as I can't handle lots of half-finished ones sitting around. Having said that I do have a quilt basted not quilted; a top almost pieced and my EPP which is a labour of love. That's my limit for sure!

Run 'n Stitch said...

You have lots of great starts, lots of fun quilts. It's nice to have variety isn't it. If you get bored with one, you can work on another that's completely different. Never a dull moment. Enjoy (and share) the finishes.

Unknown said...

I'd go nuts if I had so many different projects happening at the same time . Maybe if I did I could get more done.
Nice job on all!

Cathy said...

What a great variety!
I always have lots of projects on the go. They will eventually get finished. I can't work on one thing at a time, or two, or three...or fifty-three...or [to infinity]!!

Quilter Kathy said...

So many gorgeous projects on the go! it's good to have a project to suit any stitching mood!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great projects Ariane and like you.......I always have several things going on at the same time :)

canuckquilter said...

All of these projects are lovely. I find that for myself there's a fine line between getting bored by too few project options on the go, and being frozen by too many!

Dresden Quilter said...

I definitely need more than one project to stay motivated. Your projects are coming along really well.