Thursday, April 5, 2012

Shabby Roses Quilt is done!!!

Well, this quilt has been in the making for a while.


I started making the blocks in August 2009,
and finally finished it yesterday April 4th, 2012.

The blocks were designed by Jenny of Elephantz.
It was originally a free BOM.
It's no longer available for free, but you can purchase it on her website.


I changed the setting of the blocks.
I wanted a different look then the one Jenny had designed.

My quilt is 43 inches wide by 40 inches long.
All the blocks are hand embroidered and hand appliqued.
I used fusible web to applique my shapes.
The quilt was machine quilted by me.
I used my old Kenmore sewing machine to quilt it. 
The binding is all done by machine.

I washed it yesterday and now it is so soft and crinkly.
Just the way I love it.
I put a sleeve on the back, so now it is ready to hang.

I'm keeping this one.
I've had a few requested or hints from a few people who wanted it.
But, this one is all mine.
I just love it!!!

I hope you like it too.

Since I have to work all weekend,
I will wish you all a very Happy Easter!!!

Hugs




8 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Congratulations on the big finish! A lot of time went into this one. I am glad you are keeping it :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful finish!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I agree congratulations...stunning quilt...

Sharon said...

I love it and good for you for keeping it. We are a generous group, but sometimes we have to be generous to ourselves. This is sooo cute.

Wilma Kuin said...

Beautiful finish!!!

Greetings from Holland,..

Merilyn said...

Congratulations on getting your quilt completed!! It has a lovely romantic look to it, something nice to snuggle into over the Easter holidays! Well done!!!

Barb said...

What fabulous quilt!

DebbieM said...

Beautiful quilt, I love it!!!