Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My A+ block and Mr. Seam Ripper!!

So, no one told me that I had blocks set the wrong way in my post yesterday.
You see, I did my tutorial for the A+ block,
but I had two blocks that the "A" blocks were going the wrong way.
Every one was so nice, and didn't tell me.
But I figured it out.
So, out came Mr. Seam Ripper.
Now, they are all fixed.

I got my 12 blocks done.
But I won't have time to sew them all together.

There are 2 blocks that I'm a bit unsure of.
They don't seem to belong.
They are the one in the left bottom corner and it's partner 2nd row, 3rd to the right.
They might end up on the back of the quilt.
I may make 2 new ones.
What do you think?

I have a meeting to go to tonight.
So, that's all for now.

Hugs


11 comments:

Amy Friend said...

I'm not sure of the bottom left block but the partner in the 2nd row I don't mind at all. It's coming along nicely! I like it!

sandra said...

I didn't even notice but I do that too so who am I to say about someone else's work.
I agree with you on two blocks I picked then out before I read which ones they were. But the quilt is looking great, maybe you just need to add in more of those fabrics just to give a balance.

Impera Magna said...

I didn't notice the oopsie... thought it was the way the block was turned...

No wonder I had to unsew/resew so many of my JL blocks... *lol*

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love this new block that you are doing--and sometimes it is hard to decide if some blocks fit or not!!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I needed Mr Seam Ripper the other day..love the blocks...

Linda said...

Ariane I love your new look.
Thanks for the lovely compliment and stopping by my blog.
Can't wait to see this quilt come together.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

honest...I didn't think the original way looked bad..it was just a reverse and still pretty.

The colors and design are really pretty!

hugz,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Wendy said...

I hadn't noticed, but I hadn't realised there was actually an A in the block! I've found it now but can't see the plus? It's coming along lovely, I love the colours.

Unknown said...

I hadn't noticed any issues with the blocks either.

You know what, I love those two blocks that you mentioned. They add a splash of unexpected in your quilt. Personally I'd keep them, but that's totally up to you.

Ivory Spring said...

Love all the colors you have used.

Linda P said...

I finished mine! Everyone who sees it loves the pattern! Thank you for sharing.