I hope you are all having a nice weekend.
I worked on my little red dresden quilt last night.
I finished the hst border that I had started.
Then I decided I wanted to put the block on point.
I didn't have enough of one fabric to make the triangles.
I'm a scrappy quilter. I usually only purchase fat quarters.
I don't buy a lot of yardage, unless it's on sale or I need a backing.
So, I'm thinking....ughhhh.....I'm going to have to buy more fabric.
Then, I had a lightbulb moment.
I'll make myself a bigger piece of fabric.
This is a stash busting project after all.
So, I cut some squares of light fabric from my leftovers from the Jack-in-the-pulpit quilt.
I made 2, 4 patch blocks and cut them on the diagonal to make four triangles.
Then, I stiched them to my block.
Then, I decided I wanted to use my GO! Circle die.
So, I backed scraps of red fabric with fusible web,
and cut the circles out using my circle die. Easy peasy!!!!
I decided how I wanted them to be placed on my corner pieces,
ironed them on, and
This is where I'm at.
I'm thinking, I'm going to put a thin solid cream border around this.
Then, I'm going to use my scraps to make a sort of, piano key border.
I only have so many scraps left. I may have to be a bit creative with the outer border.
We will see what I come up with.
I was asked, about the GO! Dresden die and how many petals I used.
I have 20 petals on my dresden. This is my first time ever making a dresden block.
So, you may ask, how did I get it to work out.
Some people have been having a hard time using only 20 petals, and have used 21 up to 23 petals.
I think it's due to seam allowance. I used my 1/4 inch foot to make sure that my seams were all even.
So, What do you think of my stash busting little red dresden quilt top.
I think this may end up as a Christmas present.
I hope you like it.