Sunday, July 26, 2009

I made a scrappy cushion cover!!




Hi everyone, I hope you all had a good day. I did a little bit of sewing today. I decided to make a cushion cover for one of the cushions I had on the couch. It was starting to fall apart so I thought that I would just make a cover for it and it would last that much longer. I used scraps and my new log cabin ruler that I bought a while back. I hadn't even tried it out yet. So, I decided that I would take this opportunity to use it. I made the front of the cushion then quilted it. I used some denim ends that I bought for $3/metre a couple of weeks ago, for the back. I really like the way it turned out.

I've also made a few more of my 9-patch blocks for the quilt along. I've been making them, one or two a day. I like that because I don't feel as pressured to get them all done at once.

I spent some time with the kids today. It was a really nice day outside. So we went out together and enjoyed the sunshine. Well, that's all for today.

Happy Stitching!!


Ariane :o)

3 comments:

blushing rose said...

What a darling pillow! TTFN ~ Marydon

a good yarn said...

Your pillow looks terrific! I especially like the denim backing. Your blocks are looking good too. I'll email that pattern for you in the next day or so. Ann :)

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the log cabin pillow. It is definitely one of my favourite patterns. Your 9 patches are coming along really well.