Friday, July 17, 2009

9-Patch Quilt Along - Round 2 with Crazy Mom Quilts

Hi everyone, I've decided to join Crazy Mom Quilts for the "9-Patch Quilt Along - Round 2". She is gifting the first quilt she made, so she decided to make another one. I didn't join the last time because I wasn't feeling well. But I'm much better now, and I think this will be fun. I already know some of the fabrics I'm going to use. Very exciting. I don't even have to go buy any fabric. I've got it pre-washed and just sitting there waiting for a project.

I have to make one 9 patch block a day for 70 days. Each block is made from 9 2.5" squares. The finished block size will be 6" square. The quilt measures about 66" x 90". Sashing required is about 3.5 yards.

So that's what I'm going to do. I had a great day today. We were going to go to the beach, but then it rained. So we went to the YMCA pool instead and we spent almost two hours playing with the kids. Then I barbecued in the rain. We ate indoors, but had a very nice family dinner. It was a good day. Well, I hope you are all well.

Happy Stitching!!!

Ariane :o)

1 comment:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

welcome!! i signed up again so i can catch up on mine from the first swap!!