Monday, October 29, 2012

Pegasus Post Card

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all safe tonight.
Hurricane Sandy is creating havoc on the east coast of North America.
Here the power has been flickering as the high winds blow through town.
It will continue to blow through tomorrow.
But, we are prepared with emergency rations and water.

Tonight I worked on a postcard for my Quilt Guilds postcard exchange group.
This months theme is Mystical Beasts.
I decided to make "Pegasus".

I first transferred the picture I chose using chalk.
Then, stitched the outline with white thread.
I then painted Pegasus white.
I then added some embellishment of silk fibers attached with free motion quilting.
I hope the recipient likes it.
Linking with The Needle and Thread Network.
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/

Hugs



9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful piece, love it. I have some postcards to try, love the idea of making them for friends. I hope your power stays on, we lucked out and ours stayed on. We got a tree on our fence, but otherwise, we got through it unscathed.

Debbie

Dresden Quilter said...

It is beautiful!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

I know that I would love it. It is stunning.

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow, your postcard is amazing!!!

Hope you are safe and all will be well!!!

Linda in Calif. said...

Yes, this is beautiful - and beautiful workmanship.

Sheila said...

They will love it Ariane , you did a fantastic job! How often do you exchange postcards ? Is it within your own guild or with another guild?

Anonymous said...

Sure is a beautiful piece! I love visiting your site...so much in fact that you were my link of the day yesterday....then I came to the The Needle and Thread Network and find that you posted. I have been following your blog for quite a while and becauuse your name begins with an "A" I get to see your site virtually everytime you post....my poor "Z" blogs :(....Thanks for sharing so much!

elle said...

How stunning! You have done a super job!

Regina said...

Great postcard!