Saturday, October 27, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Fall 2012


Hi everyone,

Today, I'm participating in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.
 I'm sharing a quilt I just finished this morning.

I call it "The Auge family color quilt"


Quilt Stats

"The Auge Family Color Quilt"
Finished quilt measures : 51″x 62″
Special techniques used : 3 dimentional applique, free pieced letters
Quilted by : Ariane Kring (that's me) on a domestic machine 
Best Category : Throw Quilt Home Machine Quilted Quilt, Scrap Quilt


I made this quilt for my brother's family.
They just had a new baby in September.
When I started working on this quilt I didn't know if they were having a boy or a girl.
So, I designed this gender neutral, bright quilt.
I wanted the quilt to be big enough for both of their kids to enjoy it.
I used free pieced letters inspired by the book  Word Play Quilts by Tonya Ricucci.
The block is the Japanese x and + block.
The kite is appliqued and the little pinwheels on the kites tail are 3 dimentional blocks appliqued to the quilt.
I embroidered the line using crochet cotton.
I free motioned quilted this quilt on my Pfaff Expression 4.0.
Unfortunately, it was raining by the time I had a chance to take a picture.
So this picture will have to do.
I hope you like it.

Hugs



20 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful quilt Ariane!

Amy Friend said...

Wow, it is so bold compared to your normal work! It's a very fun quilt and sure to be loved. I particularly love the center section with the bold solids and the low volume fabrics for the background-nice!

Sharon said...

Very cute and I love how original it is. Tonya has been a real inspiration to so many of us!

pinsandneedles said...

Stunning quilt! Love the bright colors and the word play!

MooseStash Quilting said...

What a great fun and bright quilt.

MooseStash Quilting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

This is so gorgeous!

CitricSugar said...

How bright and fun!

SewCalGal said...

What a special quilt Ariane. Definitely radiates fun!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

♥Duff said...

OH, I love the way you've incorporated so many ideas and techniques here--brights & lights, improve & traditional. I think the binding is spectacular!

Lori said...

What a bright and happy quilt!!

Marit said...

What a fun quilt!
; )

Barb said...

great quilt - I love your letters on the borders! very cheerful and fun!

bethstrand said...

I love your Word Play letters...that is one of my favorite quilt books!

Poppyprint said...

What a fabulous baby quilt! I love the blocks done in those colours - it's a very different look from other's I've seen super scrappy and with text fabrics. Well done Ariane. I always love words pieced into a quilt!

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the colours and your letters are amazing!

Brown Dirt Cottage said...

This is a great quilt! You did a fabulous job on your letters!

Dolly said...

Yep, fabulous sums it up pretty well. Stunning, even.

Sharon said...

What a cute quilt! Love all the bright colors, and you did a super job on the letters. What fun!

Robin said...

Bright and happy-- perfect for baby! I love the pieced lettering as well. Thanks so much for sharing! :)