Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ah few things to share.....

Hi everyone,

I've been working the last two nights.
I've tried to switch most of my night shifts, but couldn't get rid of this weekends shifts.
Probably because we have the time change tonight and no one wanted to work a 13.75 hour night shift.
I don't really blame them.
It's going to be a long night tonight.
Ughhhhh!!!!

Well, I've been doing a little hand piecing. I don't know if you remember my hexagon star quilt that I'm hand piecing. It's been in the works for a long time. I do some work on it, then get tired of it, so I stop for a while. I decided to pick it up again.

I've completed two more rows of 17 stars. I have to make 15 rows of 17 stars. So now I have 9 rows completed.

Here's a pic of a few of the stars I just finished.
I don't have the two rows attached to the others yet.
At some point, I will do that.

This is one of those mindless sewing projects that I can do without thinking too much.
I've sewn so many of them, that it just comes really easy now.

The picture below is the last picture I took of the put together rows. I have one more row sewn to the body. I just don't have time tonight to take another picture of it. This is just to give you an idea of what the project is going to look like.


This is going to be a queen size quilt....at some point.
It may take me a few more years to finish it. But I still love it.
So, I'll keep working at it, bit by bit.

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Hugs

Ariane

13 comments:

Sara said...

This is great Ariane--kudos to you!!! I love the stars, they are perfect and when it is all done you are going to call this your favorite I bet!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is beautiful Ariane!

Sparky said...

HI Ariane...Ok I see stars...what could possibly be the reason....? lol
And colorful ones at that...
mmmm

2 years...I think 6 months you have it completed... it is very colorful..that is it...lol
and I like it..

Anonymous said...

Enjoying ALL THOSE STARS!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

WOW! I love your stars!

Unknown said...

oooooh i love this one so much... it's even better seeing those tiny stars in real life... one day it's going to be a beautiful quilt. and it will all have been done by hand... that's amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I probably would've quit on block 3! =) It's gorgeous! I hope it's for you after all the hard work you'll have invested. You'd never get your money back!

Have a great night at work!

Krista said...

Wow, that's pretty incredible! The finished quilt will be amazing.

I hope the night shifts go okay. I've done that schedule before, and it was not easy!

Retrogirl said...

Gorgeous stars, Ariane! The queen size will happen a little bit at a time, have no fear. If your insane work schedule keeps up, you should have it done in no time---quilting is the best therapy!!
Best Wishes,
Heather
=)

Jorie said...

Wow, those look so good! This will definitely be a quilt to be proud of after all the work is done!

And I know how you feel about working through daylight savings time change... I didn't realize that changing the clocks back at 2 meant that we weren't closing until the NEW 2am. I didn't figure it out until halfway through my shift, and that measly extra hour seemed SO long! Hope your shift wasn't too bad for you!

a good yarn said...

They are such charming blocks, Ariane! It's going to be a beautiful quilt. Ann :-)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful! It may take years but it will be wonderful when it is completed.

Jacky and Steph said...

Hello Ariane - beautiful - I love stars of all kinds - keep sewing!