Friday, November 6, 2009

Motivation to finish projects.....

Hi everyone, I hope you are well!! I've been working on so many swaps and little projects lately that I haven't worked on some of the projects that I've started a while back. I know that I'm not the only one with UFO's. It's one of the side affects of becoming addicted to quilting and fabric. You just always want to start something new. Well, I sent out my last swap of the year. I've been really good and didn't sign up to any more swaps so that I can work on some of my projects. I've done 8 swaps this year. I think that's pretty good. So, here's the list of projects that I need to finish.

  1. Schnibbles Cindy Lou Who Quilt - needs to be quilted
  2. Woodland Bloom Quilt - need to finish the border then quilt it
  3. Hexagon Star Quilt - hand piecing this top, have 6 rows of 17 stars done, 9 rows of 17 to go
  4. Rocky Road to Kansas Quilt - 6 blocks done, 6 blocks to make
  5. Shabby Roses BOM - 4 blocks done, 8 left to do
  6. 9-patch Quilt Along - Not very far along, need to work on this one
  7. Sister's Quilt - need to sew the blocks together to finish the top
Now, my "I want to make" list is much longer .  But I"m trying to not think of those too much. I'm going to try to work on these projects this month. I'm still going to make the Schnibbles quilt if I get the pattern on time. But I really do want to get some of these done. Let's see if I can get some of these projects done. Even if I get only one totally done and some progress on others, I'll be happy. But I'm really going to try hard not to start any new projects. That's going to be really hard. Well I hope you all have a great night.


Edited to add....... Well, since I plan to work on all these projects, I might as well join the "Joy of New Year Challenge" by Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio. I'm going to try to get as many of these projects done before the New Year. So let's get to work!!!!
Hugs Ariane

7 comments:

Barb said...

Good luck with your UFO's....and the thought of not starting a new project....hummmmm

PiecefulChaos said...

We must both be in the same place right now! I made lists of my UFOs and Wanna Makes last week - only I was planning for the New Year - you are much more ambitious! Good luck!

Zlaty said...

Hi Ariane,

My list of UFO's is long as well! I like to finish them, but it's fun to have a few projects to switch in between.

Happy sewing!

Zlaty

Dresden Quilter said...

As always, I love everything you do. Enter yourself at Tallgrass Prairie Studio's Joy to the New Year challenge. All you need to do is tell her how many projects you hope to get completed by the end of the year. At the beginning of the year tell her how many you got done and there are prozes to be won/

Ginger Patches said...

I love all of your projects--beautiful :) I always order my Schnibbles pattern from fatquartershop.com because I usually get it in two days!! They are super fast.

a good yarn said...

I take some small comfort that my Wish List is considerably longer than my UFOs. Ann :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i joined the challenge.. and admitted to 14.. but i didn't say what 14 i was admitting to!!.. props to you for being open!