Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Completed two tote bags for the kids teachers.

Hi everyone, I have the other two tote bag finished. The first one is for my daughters teacher. I used Cotton Blossoms charm squares and a few fat quarters that I had in my stash to make this bag. I think her teacher will love it. She usually wears warm colors, so the bag should suit her. The second bag I made for my oldest sons teacher. I also used some Cotton Blossoms charm squares but in the aqua/orange colorway. I used some of the fat quarters I had in my stash to finish it off. I think it turned out nice. Both bags are a good size. They are deep and will hold quite a few books. I'm sure the teachers will like that. They always have so much stuff to bring to school and back home again. I hope you like the bags. I didn't use a specific pattern. I just made them. Made adjustments as I went, eye balled the length of the straps. You know....I just kind of did it without too much thinking. Anyways, have a great day. I'm tired now. I'm going to have an afternoon nap before the kids get home from school. My oldest has his graduation tonight. Thanks God he is a boy and I don't have to fuss so much.


Happy Stitching!!


Ariane :o)

4 comments:

lesthook said...

They are both very pretty!

Kelly O. said...

Good for you Ariane!
they turned out beautifully--I just bought some cotton blossoms--can't wait to use it!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

They look great. I'm sewing totes for the teachers too.

a good yarn said...

Those fabrics look fantastic in a bag. Well done. I'm sure they will be very much appreciated. Happy Stitching...Ann :)