Thursday, August 23, 2012

I painted more furniture....

Today, I painted the last two pieces of furniture for Brittany's bedroom.
Here they are.
Her tall dresser went from this....


to this......


Okay, I just realized that the first two handles are upside down.
LOL!!! I will fix that.

Then, her bedside table went from this....


to this....


I tried a glazing technique on the side table.
It's a lot harder to get it right than it looks.
It was a fun experiment.
And......she loves it!!

Well, that's all her furniture painted.
One of these days, I'll take a picture of her finished bedroom.
It will have to wait 'til school starts,
so that I can get in there and do a proper clean-up,
without her questioning everything I do. LOL!!!!
Teenagers!!!!

Hugs



6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Love how the furniture came out, beautiful finishes.

Debbie

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

I love the dresser! Upside down or right side up, those handles are beautiful!

Impera Magna said...

Gorgeous! Two beautiful NEW pieces of furniture for your daughter's bedroom...

Mommarock said...

I kind of like the handles better upside down. It looks so much better in white. Much more elegant. I would have walked right by this piece in brown. Never gave it a second glance. I think I need to go look at my second hand furniture store. I'm looking for a storage piece for in my living room. A big piece. But it has to be ready to paint. Or ready to move in. LOL.

Catherine said...

Wow! What a pretty transformation on both pieces of furniture. Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it all in the room. It's going to be awesome!