Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Baby Zigzag quilt is done!!!

Hi everyone,

I have another finish to share.

I'm really excited about this one.

It's my Zigzag baby quilt.

The triangles were all cut with the Accuquilt GO! cutter and the 3 inch finished HST die.
I machine pieced and hand quilted this quilt.
I quilted it with perle cotton.
Finished size is 36 inches square.


I love how the hand quilting turned out.
The big stitches really pop.
And the quilt remains nice and soft.


I backed the quilt in the cutest flannel by Northcott called Forest Friends.

I really love this quilt.
It was a lot of fun to make.

It will make a nice gift for my Brother and his Wife's new baby,
due to be born very soon.

Hugs


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a great quilt....I'm sure its new little owner will love it!

Janet said...

What a great little quilt! I love the colors and especially the hand quilting with big stitches.

Richard Healey said...

That is a pretty quilt and I just love the back.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.com

Poppyprint said...

What a perfect baby quilt! I like that you quilted it by hand - it's nice for baby quilts to have a soft drape and not be quilted to the hilt. The colours are fantastic. I bet your new niece or nephew will love this quilt forever!

Dresden Quilter said...

It is gorgeous. I love the colours you used. I bought the stuffed animal fabric that matches your backing last week.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love love that quilt--you have done a beautiful job in creating it--
Hugs, Di and miss gracie

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's gorgeous! And the quilting is perfect. Well done.

Unknown said...

I love it....the best part is your awesome hand quilting....

Anonymous said...

That turned out so cute. Love the bright fabrics and the backing is just adorable. Peggy

Katrina said...

I LOVE it! It is absolutely striking!