Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Bobbin Girls Trunk show @ my guild meeting!

Hi everyone!!!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year!!

I know it's been a week since my last post.
I did try to post the last two days, but blogger wouldn't let me.
I could put the title of my post and that's it.

So, finally today.....I can share with you.
I'm going to start with last night.
I went to my guild meeting and the Bobbin girls were doing a little trunk show.
Who are the Bobbin girls you might ask?
Well, they are a group of 8 women...who love to quilt together.
They are all great friends........
that have gotten together for many years to quilt, and share, and encourage one another.

One of the projects they shared, was their "Round Bobbin".
That's a round robin......get it!!!!

They each make a strip for each others quilt.
What I really like about it too,
 is that they had a journal that they had to write in saying,
 why they picked to make the strip, a certain way.
I thought that was a great touch.
So here are some of the quilt tops that they made.


Sorry, this photo is so fuzzy.
The one below is a close-up of the same quilt.
It's a better picture.


Don't you just love that little cat!! So cute!!!

Here's the next one.

I just love how each quilt is so unique!!
Here's a close-up below.
I love the paper pieced tulips, and the appliqued tulips.
And those birds. Love those!!!!

Here's another one.

Oh I really love this one. It's one of my favorites.
The details are just so amazing.

It's just basted, waiting to be quilted.
I just love the row of garden tools, and the row of paper pieced bird houses,
and all the appliqued flowers.
I just love the whole thing.
Can't wait to see it all quilted.

Here's another one.

This one is finished.
She made it into a twin size quilt.
It's gorgeous!!!
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the bottom rows.


I just love the details in this one.
Just gorgeous!!!!

Here's another one.

This one is also one of my favorites.
It's almost complete.
Just needs to be sandwiched and quilted.
I love the beaver and the rooster, the cat, dog and rabbit.
The cottage and house and trees are just wonderful.
I love the border.
Can you tell.....I love it!!!



I just love the rooster.

I also love these two binder covers they made to journal all their quilting projects.


This group is also in charge of all the community quilts that are made through the guild.
These are donated to many local organizations and also to orphans of Chernobyl, Ukraine.
This is just a small sampling of the donation quilts.



And finally the quilt below is a bed quilt one of the Bobbin girls made.
I just love the appliqued cats.
Sorry the picture is so blurry. But you get the idea!!!


Anyways, I was kind of in a slump this week.
A lot of things going on behind the scenes and it just kinda got me down.
But, this meeting gave me some of my energy back.

And now that I have Blogger working again, I will post more.
Thanks Samm...for checking up on me.
You are just so sweet.

Hugs

Ariane

1 comment:

Sparky said...

Ok, it is up...love to view a trunk show right from my chair...have to admit, though, I bet they were much brighter live...
and sew welcome sweets...xx