Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good day. It was a little crazy around here today. But one good thing happened. I finished my Woodland Bloom Quilt. Now my daughter has a homemade quilt on her bed that fits. This is a queen size quilt. It is the largest quilt I have ever completed on my own. I quilted it using my old Betty sewing machine that is over 25 years old. So I kept the quilting simple. It is backed with flannel from the same collection. So it is very soft. I really love the way it turned out. I hope you like it. I know my daughter is very excited to finally have it on her bed. She says it brightens up her room.
I also received two pattern that I ordered. I love these patterns. I hope to get a chance to make one of these soon. Here they are:
On another note, we have been out of hot water for the last three days. On Wednesday, we noticed that we didn't have any hot water. So we called to have a technician come and look at it. On Thursday, the technician came and told me that we had a carbon monoxide leak from our natural gas hot water tank and that the gases were not venting outside but into our basement. He put a code violation on our tank and left saying it could not be in use.
I was quite concerned about this and had to have a contractor come in and look at getting the venting issue fixed. Then he told me that it could not be fixed because the tank was not properly installed in the first place and that the venting issue could not be resolved if the tank stayed in the same location.
The tank is in a crawl space and we could not fit any other kind of tank in that location that used natural gas. So now we had to decide to go to an electric tank and find a new location to put it. I had to get an electrician in to set up the hook-ups and the gas people to come and disconnect the old tank. The plumbers couldn't come today. They will be here tomorrow and hopefully can do the plumbing for the new location and set up the new tank.
I had to take care of all of this because my husband had to work. He just started a new position and could not take the days off to get this done. So, I end up having to look after this....and I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. It was kind of stressful. I was even more worried that we had a carbon monoxide leak and that we didn't know about it. We have a carbon monoxide detector in the hall outside our bedrooms. But not in the basement. I am definitely installing one now.
So, that's what I have been up to. I hope you all have carbon monoxide detectors in your homes or apartments. It would just be a shame to have something bad happen that could have been prevented by just having a detector in your home. Our home is 36 yrs old and we have been living here for just over 2 yrs. God was watching over us, and gave us a sign that something was wrong. So we were fortunate to be able to fix this problem before something bad happened. That's all for today!