Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Market Bag in Progress







I've been working on making myself a market bag. I wanted something big enough to put lots of things in it and I wanted to do some hand embroidery on it. I really liked how the first bag I made for my mom turned out, so I decided to use some of the basics from that bag. I found a pattern for the embroidery on Cinderberry Stitches. The pattern is by Natalie Lymer and is called "Blue wren's nest". The original pattern was for a small little bag. But I decided to just repeat it to make a band at the top of my bag. I think it turned out quite nice. I have completed the front panel of the bag. I'm still in the process of working on the back panel. I decided to use only one color for the embroidery. I wanted to use some of the fabrics that I had left over from other projects. Since blue is one of my favorite colors, I chose to make a blue bag. I can't wait to have it done. I've been working so hard at doing the hand quilting on my Tumbling block quilt, most of my free time has been spent on that project. Tonight I need a break from it. So, I decided to continue working on my Market bag. Here are a few pictures of my bag in progress. I hope you like them.
Ariane

1 comment:

helen-mary said...

I just love the embroidery on that! The only time I allow myself for embroidery seems to be when I visit Mom at the retirement home. Beautiful work.