Saturday, January 24, 2009

A border, a block and some new fabric

Hi everyone, I finally added a border to my son's Jacob's Ladder quilt. It's the first of many. I am in the process of making a pieced border for it. The border really brings the colours of the quilt out. I really like it.I also made a "turnstile" 12 inch block. I'm going to be making a scrap quilt using this block. So, I just wanted to try one. This is going to be part of a block swap I'm organizing with my sisters and my mom. We are going to be making 30 blocks each and swaping 6 to each of us. Then we will all end up with 30 blocks for a quilt top made by the 5 of us. It's really quite exciting. I just getting their packages ready so that we can get started on it. FUN!!! :o) I also went shopping the other day and bought more fabric. I just couldn't help it. Plus, all this material was on sale. I just couldn't leave it at the store. I didn't go too crazy. But I needed my stash to grow a little. So here's what I bought. The fat quarters were only $2.00 each and the metre cuts were only $3.00 and $4.00 each. I just couln't pass it up.
It made my day anyways. I have to go to work now. I wish everyone a great day.
Happy Stitching!
Ariane

No comments: