Sunday, January 28, 2018

A finished quilt top


Hi everyone,

I finally finished putting the border on my Arkansas Crossroads quilt and it is now a finished quilt top!!
I’m so excited about that!!



This is a big quilt. It’s 96 inches square. I’m going to send it out to be quilted by a long arm quilter. I’m not up to pushing this big quilt through my domestic machine.

I’m keeping this one for myself. It’s going to be what I call a “visitors” quilt. I’ll take it out and put it on the bed when visitors come to stay.

I need a few of these bed quilts for our house, since the kids took all the bed quilts with them when they moved. So now I’m left with beds without quilts. Can’t have that! Lol!

So, my next scrappy bed quilt top is in the works.
The pattern is a free sew along that was held by Diane of Butterfly threads blog. It’s the scrappy star. I have a lot of the blocks done already. I’m starting to assemble it now.

Here’s what have so far.



This is just the centre. I have a lot to do still, but I’m going to try to get it done soon.



14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your quilt is really beautiful, love those colors and prints.
The new quilt looks like a fun one to do, I need to come up with some simple ones for my flannels.

Debbie

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a wonderful scrappy Arkansas Crossroads quilt! Lucky guests at your house!

Manuela said...

Wonderful scrappy quilt.

Cathy said...

It’s gorgeous!

Sandra Walker said...

Just love this so much Ariane! And, as I said to you on Instagram, it's going to be my RSC for 2018. :-)

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love your Crossroads quilt--it almost looks like stained glass with a shimmer to it--great job--
and the new star one is looking good--will be watching to see that one grow--
enjoy,di

Havplenty said...

Love this scrappy quilt. I think I will use this quilt idea to participate in the RSC for the first time. A nice long term project for me.

Chantal said...

Congratulations on this beautiful scrappy finish. I really love this one. No quilter who respect herself has "naked" beds in her home. Quick, sew something to cover them up, lol. Enjoy! ;^)

Ruth said...

It's beautiful! And, no, you can't have beds without quilts. LOL! I love your new scrappy start too.

Lisa J. said...

Your quilt is very beautiful Arianne: Your visitors will be lucky to stay under such a beautiful quilt.

Laura said...

I love the way you are using your scraps. Arkansas Crossroads is a beautiful quilt!

Edith said...

I absolutely love your Arkansas Crossroads quilt, I think I might have to put this on my to do list, wonderful scrappiness.

Jo said...

I love the Arkansas Crossroads. I made one in scrappy greens a few years ago for a baby quilt. I also love random light/dark layouts like your second quilt. I find it's a great way to use up some older fabrics that I would no longer like to feature in a big quilt.

Elena said...

What can I say... Your quilt for visitors is gorgeous!!!
Un beso
Elena