Thursday, September 24, 2015

Making some scrappy blocks!

Hi everyone, 

Last night I took some time out to be in my sewing room. It was late and I was tired. So I just started pulling fabric pieces out my scrap bin and ironed them to prepare for cutting. I cut 2.5 inch, 2 inch, and 1.5 inch strips. The smaller pieces were cut into squares. Then the really small pieces were put in my a box for little projects. I don't throw out any fabric. 

After doing a bunch of cutting, I got the inch to start piecing. I decided to take my 2 inch blocks and make 4 patches. I made 37 4 patch blocks with them. 

Then I decided to piece two more 16-patch star blocks. I made a brown one and a green one. I added those to the ones I already made. 2.5 inch squares were used to make these.
I love these blocks. I will turn these into a baby quilt I think, once I have enough. 

I'm glad to be back to quilting. I really did miss it a lot.

Hugs

Ariane

4 comments:

Laura Chaney said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful way to use your scraps.

a good yarn said...

I love those star blocks and the scrappiness. Wonderful!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Both arE lovely xx

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your 16-Patch Star blocks are so pretty! I see that you are using a rainbow of colors... does that mean that you are participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge? I am and it is SEW much fun to actually be USING my scraps!