Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pink scrappy placemat

Hi everyone, 

Today, I was sewing up a few more 3.5 inch pink blocks. I made a few more maverick stars, 9 patch and  a few shoo fly blocks. I decided to use them all in a placemat. I really needed new placemats, so this was a good way to start.
It had been almost 2 years since I did any free motion quilting. This was a great way to practice and see how my sewing machine managed it. My mom gave me my sewing machine last summer and this was the first time I tried free motion quilting with it.

I really like my placemat. It's completely made up of scraps from my scrap bin, including the backing and binding. Yeah for scrap busting. And it counts as a finish!!! Yeah!!! That's ever better.



4 comments:

Susan Torrens said...

Great job on your free motion quilting and your stash busting! Keep up the good work.....

Laura Chaney said...

Love the placemat! I bet that was the perfect size project on which to practice your free motion quilting. Are you going to make more in other colors?

a good yarn said...

They are delightful Ariane! Like you my FMQ is a bit rusty so I'm planning some more small projects to practice on.

Sally said...

Very cute! I love the scrappiness!