I hope you are all well.
I know I haven't been blogging as much this month.
I've just been working a lot.
But, today I took the chance to do some sewing.
I've been wanting to make Christmas Stockings for the kids for a while now.
So, today I just decided to get my butt in gear and do it.
I used a stocking template from an old Thimbleberries book that I bought second hand.
Then, I took out my stash of Christmas fabric and started putting them together.
I printed the kids names in a large font.
Then, fused their names to the stockings.
I used my GO! cutter to cut out some wintery shapes to decorate my stockings.
I sewed leftover bits of batting together, to make them big enough to use for the stockings.
I didn't want to have to cut into a big piece of batting.
It was a good way to use up my batting scraps.
And you can't tell at all.
I really love how they turned out.
For each stocking I used one fat quarter for the outside,
one fat quarter for the lining and scraps to make the binding and the appliques.
I love the main fabrics that I used.
It's just gorgeous!!!
Now, I just have to make one for my husband and one for me.
Then my stockings are all done.
I think I did really well today.
But I still have a lot to do for Christmas.
But it's a start.