Sunday, June 6, 2010

Modern Siggy Block Swap 2 and Guild challenge Part 3

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend.
 I didn't do a lot of sewing this weekend. I've been doing a lot of this.
But I did make most of my siggy blocks for the Modern Siggy Block Swap 2. I used some of the Amy Butler fabric that I had. I really like the way they look. I used Kona cotton for the white. I already had some of this white on hand. But I only had enough to make 81 blocks. So I will have to purchase more white on payday to finish my blocks. We need to make 101 blocks for this swap.  I really love this block pattern by Julie at Jaybird Quilts. This block was part of her Moda Bake shop pattern found here.
 It is very easy to make and goes really quick. I will definitely be using this block pattern again.
I also finished my table runner for my Guild Block Challenge. This was made using the country blocks. I really had a hard time making this, not because it was a difficult pattern or anything. But my sewing machine kept breaking down on me. It was very frustrating. Nothing was working right. Don't you just hate when that happens. So, it's not my best work by a long shot. Oh well, I don't know what I will do with it, it is too long for my table. It will sit for a while until I figure out what I'm going to do with it.
Well, I hope you all have a great evening. I hope to get more sewing done tonight.

Hugs

Ariane

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your table runner looks great Ariane!

Sandy said...

Love, love the pictures of the 50's housewives! Got to get going on my siggy blocks also.

a good yarn said...

Oh my, that's looks just like me - NOT! Your siggy blocks look good - that fabric is really nice. What a shame you sewing machine was misbehaving. The runner looks terrific. Ann :-)

retdairyqueen said...

Table runner is lovely Shame its to long
Hope all is good with you