Friday, March 12, 2010

Just a few blocks...

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good day. I worked today. I was really tired when I got home, but my hubby had the table all set and dinner ready to be served when I walked through the door. Isn't he the sweetest. I was so relieved. And it all tasted great. I did take a nap after supper. But I decided that I wanted to do a bit of sewing.

So, I decided to start working on a quilt that I need to make for my best friend from High School. She is getting married this summer and I am giving her a quilt. It took me a long time to decide what pattern to use. I went through so many magazines and books. But I finally settled on one of my favorites. It is called "Jack the Pulpit" from the McCalls Quilting magazine: Celebrate your Stash Spring 2009. This is one of my favorite issues. There are three other patterns I want to make from that issue. Anyways, I love the colors in this quilt and I think my girlfriend will love it too. It is going to be a red and white/cream quilt. It will have many different fabrics from my stash in it. I thought I would stick to what I love the most for this one. I love scrappy quilts and red is my favorite color. So everytime she sees this quilt it will remind her of me. We don't see each other very often because she lives back home in Northern Ontario. But we are still best of friends. I am going to try really hard to get this top done in a timely manner. I don't want to be too pressured at the end. So I am going to try to make a block every night. If I miss a night, then I will make two the next. We will see how that goes.

I also sharing two blocks I made for my two guild swaps. One is for the county block swap and the other for the brights block. I hope you like them. Well, I must go to bed. I have to work in the morning.

Hugs

Ariane

1 comment:

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the reds and whites. Wish I was getting married! I'll just take all your blocks for the swap. They look fabulous.