Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Double hourglass block quilt top

I hope everyone had a good day. It is past 1:00 am and I just finished sewing the double hourglass quilt top. My MIL asked me to make a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting a boy. She wanted lime greens and blues. So, this is what I came up with. I used the tutorial on Allison`s Cluck! Cluck! Sew! blog. This is a great tutorial. I am definitely going to make this block again. All I need to do now is buy some batting and backing fabric. I think I will use a nice soft flannel. Well, I am glad I got this part done. I hope to accomplish a bit more this month. We will see how that goes.

Ariane :o)

11 comments:

MandMStudio said...

Lovely top:) It looks awesome.

retdairyqueen said...

Lovely as usual

Jennifer said...

That's cute, and a great colour scheme!

Cara said...

Looks great!

Zlaty said...

I love all the colors! THe baby and the mommy will love it! You did great!

Happy sewing!

Darlene said...

Oh, it's darling - love it.

call me crazy said...

Very cute! I love the colors too~ perfect to welcome a spring baby. :-)

Dresden Quilter said...

Okay, you really need to stop. I can't keep up with your amazingness. This has been another wish I had time to do on my quilt list. I love the colours. They look familiar.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It turned out very cute Ariane! You chose great fabrics for the double hourglass!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

What a darling quilt top. Lovely lovely.

a good yarn said...

1.00am! My goodness but you have created a beautiful quilt. Love the colours! Ann :-)