Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Some purchases and New Blocks!

Hi everyone, I had a very good day yesterday. I went to the Salvation Army Thrift shop in town and bought 6 old quilting magazines for $0.25 each. They are great magazines and have really nice patterns in them. I also bought a bag of old buttons for $2.00. I love buttons and this bag had some big buttons which I love to use for my bags. I'm going to have fun with these. I then went to the quilt shops in town. I found some Snippets by American Jane at "Garden Thyme Quilt and Gift Emporium". This is the cutest shop. If you come to Kingston, Ontario you have to stop there. It's a gift shop, that sells all kinds of country style home decor items. But they also have a nice selection of quilting fabrics. They sell lots of 1930's reproduction, some civil war reproduction, and a vast array of other styles of fabrics as well. They also sell punch needle patterns and kits. It's a very nice store. Great to find a special gift for someone. I just found it about a month ago. I'm so glad I did. I also started working on the blocks for the baby boy quilt I'm making. I used the maverick star pattern. I really like it. I'm making the stars two different sizes. I can't wait to have it all put together. I really hope my friend likes it. I think he will. Well, I have to do some housework today. I've already started. I'm doing laundry and mopped the floors already so I have to get back to work. Have a good day!!
Ariane

1 comment:

Dresden Quilter said...

I really like your stars. The fussy cutting is great.