Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shiloh - the puppy's quilt

Hi everyone! It's been a very busy week. I gave my sister's and I quilt to my parents on Monday. They just loved it. I was very pleased that they liked it. Then my mother-in-law asked me to make a little quilt for her new daschund puppy Shiloh. She gets cold easily and likes to be wrapped up. So I thought I would have a bit of fun and make my own little pattern for this quilt. I used fabric that I already had for the top. My mother-in-law wanted a pink quilt because the puppy is female. I got this quilt done in two days. I machine pieced it, hand embroidered around the appliques which I designed myself and machine quilted it. I found the cutest printed flannel with little dogs in handbags for the backing at Fabricland. It was the perfect color and it went with the theme of the quilt perfectly. I had a lot of fun making this quilt. It was my first time trying to paper piece log cabin blocks. I really liked it. I'm going to make a log cabin quilt now. This is my first finish for the month of April. I will add it to my list. Well, I hope you are all well.
Happy Stitching!
Ariane :o)

4 comments:

Joy said...

That is so incredibly adorable!! Lucky Shiloh :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

MandMStudio said...

Lovely:) I totally stoled your idea and made one for my dog:)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Ok that is the cutest dog! I mean blanket, I mean, dog. Oh! there both super cute!

Melinda said...

That dog is the cutest.