Thursday, November 12, 2015

What I'm working on......

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a good week.
It's been a really busy week for me, and I've been fighting a bad cold too.
I'm in good spirits though, as I've been able to do some sewing.
My oldest son turned 20 this week.
Crazy!!!! I know!!!
We had a nice dinner to celebrate!

But back to sewing.
I'm working on a new project.
It's the Old Tobacco Road Mystery Quilt by Bonnie K. Hunter found here.
In September, I had gotten back to my sewing and started cutting my scraps up into usable sizes.
Then, one night I started sewing up four patches with my 2 inch squares as shown here.
Well, I started looking for patterns to use them up.
And that's how I decided on this quilt.
Here is my progress....

As you can see, I'm progressing very well.
I have 12 rows sewn together.
The rest of the rows are just on the floor ready to be sewn on.
But, do to this cold I'm fighting, I can only work on it in little bits.
I'm really excited about how its coming together. 

I hope you like it.

Hugs

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Hope you shake off at cold . . . and soon. This is a stunning quilt. Bonnie's patterns are marvellous aren't they? You've made wonderful progress on this.

Linda in Calif. said...

You are working on your little bits in little bits! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the quilt. Beautiful colors and wonderful design! Hope you are feeling better soon.