Saturday, January 31, 2015

Working on a scrappy border

I've been working on making a scrappy border for my Rocky Road to Kansas quilt. It's a string border.
I have this huge bin full of scraps. As I'm making these borders, I'm also cutting my scraps using Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User's System. You can find it on her website quiltville.com 

This is no small task. I've been working all day at it, and it doesn't look like I've used any scraps from my bin. It's crazy!!! This is what the border looks like.
It really fits well with this quilt. I have one long side done. And quite a bit of the other long side done. I hope to have this top done by the end of the weekend. But no promises!!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Nice...I like it. Have a similar issue. No matter what I do the scrap container does not get less.

Laura Chaney said...

Lovely! I agree with Karin's comment above, no matter what I do the scraps never seem to go away!

a good yarn said...

It's a prefect match and well worth the effort. It will really finish the quilt just right.

Susan Torrens said...

Keep working on those scraps! It took me 2 years to get mine under control, but now I cut leftovers after every project. My 1 1/2 inch strip bin is getting full, so I'll have to look for a project....

barbara woods said...

it's going to be beautiful