Today, I worked on a really old UFO.
I started assembling the blocks my sister and my Mom exchanged in May 2009.
You can read more about the exchange here.
I decided to put the blocks together in sections.
I didn't want to have a big quilt in my machine.
So, I'm doing it quilt-as-you-go.
Quilting each panel of blocks, then putting the panels together to make the quilt.
I have the first section done.
The pinwheel block in the center is made by my Mom.
The corner pinwheel blocks are made by the four girls.
I've added some 9 patch blocks that I made around the same time as the pinwheels.
I sashed the 9 patch blocks to make them fit.
So this is my first panel. Yeah!!
I'm glad to finally get these together.
It took me a long time to figure out what to do with them.
The blocks were not all the same size.
I had to figure out a way to put them together that worked.
I think this is the best option.