Okay, when I showed you my Beatrix Potter quilt the other day, I only showed you the front. Well.....I kind of made a big mistake on the back. I tried to be all fancy and put a stripe on the back like a lot of you do. I thought I lined it up properly. I basted, then quilted the top. I kept checking my tension on the back...it was looking good. I got the top all quilted and I'm all proud of myself. Then I flip it over to check the back....and OH NO!!!! It's crooked. My stripe is crooked!!! AHHHHH! I was very disappointed. I wanted to cry. I really had worked so hard on this quilt. I didn't want to pull all the quilting out because it would leave a million little wholes all over. I had done a really good job with the quilting too. I had worked for 4 hours straight quilting it on my little tiny machine. Well, I had decided to just put the binding on it and leave it. I finished it, but just couldn't live with myself leaving it like that. So, I kept thinking what I could do to make it better. So, I decided to put some appliques on the back. So now I have a little hedgehog going down the road towards a beautiful tree. It's still not perfect, but I did what I could. I'm more at peace with it now. So that's what I've been working on all week. I hand blanket stitched around all my appliques. But NOW I'm officially done. I'm not going to try to fix it more. It will just drive me nuts. So, I have to put in the mail soon and send it out. Otherwise....you never know what I could add to it. I have other projects that I need to work on.
On another note, I saw these two little remnants of fabric on etsy the other day. They were on the tliss shop.I just had to have them. They are so cute. They got here so quick and the seller added a few vintage buttons and a fusible applique.
Well, now I can finally work on something else. I've got so many projects to work on. I've got to get to them. I hope you all had a great day. I work all weekend. So I hope to get a bit of sewing done after my shifts.