Sunday, August 23, 2009

My daughters pincushion swap received!!


My Mom and my Daughter decided to do a pincushion swap. I showed you the pincushion my daughter made in the last post. She received the package from my Mom. She was very excited to receive it and couldn't wait to open it. My mom made her two pincushions. The first one is a little pincushion with a picture of dogs appliqued to the front. It can be hung up as a decoration as well. Very cute. My daughter loves dogs. So she was very excited about that one. The second pincushion is a selvage pincushion. My mom got the pattern out of a magazine. Not sure which one....but it is gorgeous. My daughter loves it too, and has used it already. My mom and my daughter had such a good time doing this swap. It's a good way for them to get closer and to have a special keepsake of each other, since they live far apart.
I'm so glad I had a bit of influence in this swap. My daughter wanted to swap because I had done some swaps and had received wonderful gifts from my swap partners. She wanted to get into the fun too. She's so cute!! The two of them already decided to do it again. If I hadn't started doing swaps they probably would never have done this. So, I'm glad I could share that with them.
I've been working all weekend and I don't have a day off until Friday. It's going to be a long week. I hope I get some sewing done. I feel like I haven't accomplished very much this month. Oh well.....I can only do what I can.
Happy Stitching!!
Ariane :o)

2 comments:

Barb said...

How cute. This is something your daughter will remember forever...

Dresden Quilter said...

They are both so cute. The possibilities for selvages are never ending.